I just found out that I was nominated for a blog award – The Liebster Award to be exact! It’s given to blogs that have less than 1,000 followers to help promote and support them. Thanks so much to Alexis of alexiskrystina.com – Creatively Inspired Living, for nominating me.
She notes on her blog that the word Liebster means things like “sweetest, kindest, nicest and dearest”, so i’m honored:)
Alexis is adorable, and writes about all sorts of topics, from motherhood to cooking and beauty, etc. Check her out!
Here are the answers I’ve been asked to give by her:
- Were you named after anyone? I believe I was named after a “Summer” on one of my mom’s soap operas – maybe “General Hospital”? But, obviously, I was named after the season as well.
- Do you like your handwriting? I do, although I don’t tend to write much these days with all of this technology! But, when I’m not super rushed with writing, I do think my penmanship is pretty good:)
- What’s your favorite color? I really don’t have a favorite color anymore, but I tend to WEAR a lot of red. And, my husband and daughter have red hair, so I guess I’ll pick red.
- What ONE ITEM would you bring with you on a deserted island? I would say my family and cats, but that’s four items, so that would be cheating. How about a well-gassed helicopter? That way I can get the heck out of there!
- Leonardo DiCaprio or Johnny Depp? Hmmm. I suppose, Johnny Depp. He seems more genuine.
- Describe your current outfit. Teal pants, black knee boots, black and white striped top, oversized light gray cardigan.
- What’s your favorite 80s song? “I’ve Had The Time Of My LIfe” by Bill Medley. Not only is it the song at the end of Dirty Dancing, but it’s also the song my husband and I danced to for our first dance at our wedding. And, yes – we did OUR VERSION of the film’s choreography. By “our version”, I mean “not very good”. Ha. But it was a blast!
- Pop or country music? Neither – rock, blues, hip-hop or show tunes.
- Text or phone call? Text – I’m terrible. But, ever since being a reporter, I can’t stand talking on the phone.
- Name your all time favorite movie. Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. I actually got to meet Matthew Broderick a couple of years ago, so that was awesome!
- If you had to eat only one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? Tacos.
And here are 11 random facts about myself:
- I didn’t always know that I wanted kids, but after much thought and discussion we decided to go for it. Having Charlotte is the best thing I’ve ever done. I’m in love with our precious girl and being a mommy:)
- I didn’t really eat cheese until I was 20 because I didn’t think I liked it!
- I absolutely hated being a TV reporter. Way too much reality for this happy-go-lucky girl.
- I am a pack-rat. I’m trying to start throwing more things away, but… if you’ve ever sent me a card, it’s probably still in my house somewhere.
- I get a euphoric high from shopping for clothes/shoes.
- I put peanut butter on my pancakes.
- I love thunderstorms.
- If I didn’t have incredible stage fright, I may have pursued a singing career.
- I want to visit Australia SO bad!
- One of my feet is bigger than the other one, but I can never remember which.
- My middle name is Fawn… yep – like the deer.
Paying it forward to these awesome blogs (follow them)!
Here are the rules!
Here are my questions for you, award winners!
- Why did you start blogging?
- How long have you had your current blog?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Wine or beer?
- Would you rather go out for a night on the town or sit at home and snuggle?
- Describe your current outfit.
- Small town or big city?
- What is your favorite meal to prepare?
- Text or phone call?
- Name your all time favorite movie.
- If you had to eat only one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?