It’s official. I crafted! Ha. I kept seeing DIY Photo Coaster tutorials pop up everywhere, so I decided I should give it a try. Much to my surprise, they were super easy and I ended up with a nice finished product. For the original blog post that I followed, click here. Otherwise, see below for steps and photos of my project.
What you’ll need:
- ceramic tiles
- paint the color of the tiles
- Mod Podge (I used glossy)
- Tree House Studio Clear Acrylic High Gloss Coating Spray
1) Choose photos. I used four photos from a recent Texas vacation with my in-laws because they weren’t only pretty pictures, but would be nice memories of our stay. Crop the photos to fit onto your tiles.
2) Paint the edges of the coasters with paint the same color, as the edges can be rough. I did a couple of coats.
3) Cover the area on the coaster where you want your photo with Mod Podge and stick the photo onto the tile. Allow to dry.
My mother-in-law quite enjoyed the coasters from what I could tell. Hopefully you, your friends and/or your family will too:)